Thursday, 1 January 2009

Reputation Management

Reputation Management - I think 2009 will be the year that people in business will realise how powerful the Internet really is. Most people look at seo as a way of getting their websites to number one. In the past if a company had offered a bad service then normally people would only mention their experience to a few friends and family.

2009 will be the year that companies will start to find more and more negative content about them on the net if their standard of customer service or products are not up to scratch. Like SEO it will take companies time to understand what reputation management is all about and how to deal with it.

Take for example a local plumber in Blairgowire Peter Drummond, I called them to come out to give me advice and price on some work. They told me they would come out in the next week to do a fairly simple job. 2 weeks went by and no one showed up, so I called again about 3 weeks ago, again they said a plumber would be out to do the job early the following week. Again guess what no show... so just before Christmas I called P Drummond and spoke to a lady, after telling her, I can understand if staff are ill or emergency happens and that their staff cannot always make appointments. What I did explain was that there is absolutely no excuse for them not calling me to say no one was going to show. I am absolutely convinced that companies like this don't realise how easy it is now to write about them on the net, another customer looking for a plumber in Blairgowrie could easily find this blog and read it, then be put off using them.

So the lesson really is; no longer is the message of bad customer service passed on in the queue in the local post office but recorded for more and more people to find on the net.

We are often being asked to help more and more companies with their reputation on the net, give me a shout if you need such a service.

No comments: